In August 2022, the State Social Insurance Agency (SSIA) will index pensions and remuneration or part thereof not exceeding EUR 534 per month. Old-age, disability, retirement and survivors' pensions and benefits granted or recalculated before 31 July 2022 are being indexed. At the same time, the allowances granted for length of service up to 31 December1995 are also being increased.
The following indices are applied to old-age pensions:
- 1.2287, if the length of the insurance period reaches up to 29 years;
- 1.2314 for the length of the insurance period from 30 to 39 years, or if the old age pension has been granted for work in harmful, severe (List 2) or especially harmful, especially severe (List 1) working conditions (also if the length of insurance period is less than 30 years);
- 1.2369, if the length of insurance period is 45 years or more.
For disability, retirement and survivor's pensions, as well as for insurance benefits up to €534, the index 1.2287 is applied, regardless of the duration of insurance.
All granted pensions up to €534 are indexed. However, for pensions and indemnities higher than €534, only part – €534 – is indexed.
The pensions of politically repressed persons, Group I disabled persons, and participants of response to Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster shall be indexed for the entire amount of the pension.
The allowance granted for each year of insurance completed before 31 December 1995 shall be increased as of 1 August 2022:
- from €1.74 to €2.14 if the old-age pension was granted before 31 December 1996 or if the disability pension was granted and the age of eligibility for old-age pension was reached before 31 December 1996;
- from €1.16 to €1.43 if the old-age or disability pension was granted from 1 January 1997
1 For 30 years of insurance, you have been granted an old-age pension of €300 on 31 July 2022.
The pension will be indexed at 1.2314. The pension after indexation will amount to €369.42. The pension increase will be €69.42.
2 You have been granted an old-age pension for 24 years of insurance in 1996, amounting to EUR 280 on 31 July 2022, and a supplement to the old-age pension of EUR 41.76 for 24 years of insurance prior to 31 December 1995.
The pension will be indexed at 1.2287. The pension after indexation will be €344.04. The pension increase will be €64.04.
The allowance granted will be €51.36 and the increase will equal €9.60.
The total increase in the pension and the allowance will be €73.64.
The new level of pension, supplement and remuneration will be paid by the SSIA from September 2022. In September, the increase in the pension or indemnity resulting from indexation will also be paid, as well as the increase in the allowance for August.
Please note that personal income tax may be deducted from the indexed pension, which reduces the amount payable.
State pensions and remunerations are indexed in accordance with Section 26 and Paragraph 152 and Paragraph 416 of the Transitional Provisions of the Law on State Pensions
Information produced by the Ministry of Welfare