Reimbursement must be requested within 6 months of the date of issue of the supporting payment documents. If this deadline is overdue, the costs shall not be compensated.
In order to claim the reimbursement, an application in a particular form must be completed, accompanied by a payment document (cheque or receipt) or a statement of a bank account for a payment made through an online bank.
The original or a copy of the payment document must be submitted to the SAA. The submission must certify that payment documents (cheques, receipts) will not be submitted to the State Revenue Service or to the insurance company (health insurer).
May submit a submission:
• electronically - using the official electronic address (e-address) or e-mail (the application must be signed with a secure electronic signature containing the time stamp);
• on-site (if requested for service, a personal identification document (passport or ID card) must be produced);
• by post;
• through the competent foreign authority.
The application may be submitted to any VSAA customer service centre.
The submission shall indicate the preferred method of receiving the decision.
When requesting reimbursement, the following shall be submitted
1. an act regarding an accident occurring at work or an opinion regarding an occupational disease, which has been issued in conformity with the regulatory enactments regarding the procedures for the investigation and registration of occupational diseases.
A deed regarding an accident occurring at work, if it has occurred as a result of exposure to the work environment factors, shall be received by the State Labour Inspectorate in electronic format (except in cases where an accident has occurred in the performance of service duties or the loss of capacity as a result of an accident shall be between one and three days)
2. documents for reimbursement of expenses regarding health care services (including treatment in a medical rehabilitation institution), medical products and patient payments:
• complete medical records (“Statement from the hospital/outpatient medical card” and/or “Statement - epicrieze”) containing information on and needs of the services provided to the customer;
• payment documents certifying the corresponding costs (cheques, receipts, etc.) indicating the full name of services and medical products, including medicinal products;
• referral of the treating physician to receive a medical rehabilitation service.
Vocational rehabilitation services for the reimbursement of expenditure:
• educational documents attesting the receipt of professional rehabilitation services;
• payment documents certifying the corresponding expenditure.
Travel expenses related to the hospital’ s visit, due to:
• the medical documentation form “An extract from a hospital patient/outpatient medical card”, which contains the dates of visits to the medical treatment institution and the health services provided (reimbursement of travel expenses of the guide should be indicated by the treating physician as to the necessity of the guide);
• supporting documents certifying travel expenses (public transport tickets, cash receipts or receipts from the filling station).
The acquisition of technical aids (not required for the national budget resources) and repair expenses due to:
• an opinion of the treating physician or an ergotherapist on the need for the relevant technical equipment.
Receipt of services
A decision regarding the granting of compensation may be received in person, by post or by portal www.latvija.lv, in accordance with the type of receipt of the decision indicated in the application.
The service shall be transferred to the account of the Latvian credit institution or postal settlement system (PNS) at the choice of the recipient.