Reimbursement must be requested within 6 months of the date of issue of the supporting payment documents. If this deadline is overdue, the costs shall not be compensated.
In order to claim reimbursement, a specific form of application addressed to the SAA must be completed and the original of the payment documents must be attached (the copy of the check or receipt is invalid) or a statement of the bank account for the payment made through the internet bank.
May submit a submission:
• electronically (if no cheques are submitted) - using the official electronic address (e-address) or e-mail (the application must be signed with a secure electronic signature containing the time stamp);
• on-site (if requested for service, a personal identification document (passport or ID card) must be produced);
• by post;
• through the competent foreign authority.
The application may be submitted to any VSAA customer service centre.
The submission shall indicate the preferred method of receiving the decision.
When requesting reimbursement, the following shall be submitted
1. an act regarding an accident occurring at work or an opinion regarding an occupational disease, which has been issued in conformity with the regulatory enactments regarding the procedures for the investigation and registration of occupational diseases.
2. documents for reimbursement of expenses regarding health care services (including treatment in a medical rehabilitation institution), medical products and patient payments:
• complete medical records (“Statement from the hospital/outpatient medical card” and/or “Statement - epicrieze”) containing information on and needs of the services provided to the customer;
• payment documents certifying the corresponding costs (cheques, receipts, etc.) indicating the full name of services and medical products, including medicinal products;
• referral of the treating physician to receive a medical rehabilitation service.
Vocational rehabilitation services for the reimbursement of expenditure:
• educational documents attesting the receipt of professional rehabilitation services;
• payment documents certifying the corresponding expenditure.
Travel expenses related to the hospital’ s visit, due to:
• the medical documentation form “An extract from a hospital patient/outpatient medical card”, which contains the dates of visits to the medical treatment institution and the health services provided (reimbursement of travel expenses of the guide should be indicated by the treating physician as to the necessity of the guide);
• supporting documents certifying travel expenses (public transport tickets, cash receipts or receipts from the filling station).
The acquisition of technical aids (not required for the national budget resources) and repair expenses due to:
• an opinion of the treating physician or an ergotherapist on the need for the relevant technical equipment.
Receipt of services
A decision regarding the granting of compensation may be received in person, by post or by portal www.latvija.lv, in accordance with the type of receipt of the decision indicated in the application.
The service shall be transferred to the account of the Latvian credit institution or postal settlement system (PNS) at the choice of the recipient.