Reimbursement must be claimed within 6 months of the date of determining the degree of invalidity and loss of capacity or the date of death of the insured person. When requesting reimbursement at a later date, it shall be granted only for the previous 6 months before the date of the request for reimbursement.
In order to claim the remuneration, a specific form of application addressed to the SAA must be completed.
May submit a submission:
• on the www.latvija.lv portal;
• on-site (if requested for service, a personal identification document (passport or ID card) must be produced);
• electronically (the application must be signed with a secure electronic signature containing the time stamp);
• by post;
• through the competent foreign authority.
An application may be submitted in person to any VSAA customer service centre or to the unified customer service centres of the State and local governments.
The submission shall indicate the preferred method of receiving the decision.
In requesting insurance compensation due to an occupational disease determined, an opinion regarding an occupational disease, which has been issued in conformity with the regulatory enactments regarding the procedures for the investigation and registration of occupational diseases, shall be submitted.
If the compensation in the event of the death of the insured person is requested by a member of his or her family, the following
• a statement by a medical treatment institution regarding the association of the cause of death with a work accident or occupational disease;
• a judgment of the court concerning the presence of dependants if it is not possible, on the basis of the documents, to establish the fact of full or partial dependability.
Receipt of services
A decision regarding the granting of compensation may be received in person, by post, in the official electronic address or in the portal www.latvija.lv, in accordance with the type of receipt of the decision indicated in the application.
The service shall, at the choice of the recipient, be transferred to the account of the Latvian credit institution or postal settlement system (PNS) or delivered at the place of residence of the recipient of the service.