The pension must be claimed not earlier than 1 month before the date of attainment of the specified retirement age. If the application has been submitted later, the pension rights shall be not earlier than 6 months prior to the date of submission of the application.
In order to claim a pension, a specific form of application addressed to the SSIA must be completed.
May submit a submission:
• on the www.latvija.lv portal;
• on-site (if requested for service, a personal identification document (passport or ID card) must be produced);
• electronically (the application must be signed with a secure electronic signature containing the time stamp);
• through the competent foreign authority.
The application may be submitted to any VSAA customer service centre. An application for the conversion of a pension in connection with the accumulated capital may also be submitted to the unified customer service centres of the State and local governments.
Remote, personalized consultation with a VSAA specialist is available in the unified customer service centers of the state and municipalities of Olaine, Ilūkste, Višķu, Viļaka, Viesite, Rubene, Pededze, Drustu, Gaujiena, Variņa, Ērgeme, Stopiņu, Alūksne, Rundāle and Vecumnieku.
Together with a request for the granting of a pension or an application for the conversion of a pension in the context of the extended length of insurance up to 31 December 1995, the evidence of the length of insurance must be produced:
• Colhozner's workbook,
• the contract of employment and the documents relating to its performance, indicating the completion of the working period concerned,
• a cardiologist,
• a training certificate (certificate, refusal, diploma, statement of the educational institution), documents of the State Archives of Latvia or other State Archives, etc., which prove the length of insurance until 31 December 1995.
Requesting the conversion of a pension in connection with:
• accrued retirement capital,
• in the case of additional contributions prior to the granting of a pension,
No additional documents need to be submitted.
The submission shall indicate the preferred method of receiving the decision.
Receipt of services
A decision regarding the granting or conversion of a pension may be received in person, by post, in the official electronic address or in the portal www.latvija.lv, in accordance with the type of receipt of the decision indicated in the application.
The service shall, at the choice of the recipient, be transferred to the account of the Latvian credit institution or postal settlement system (PNS) or delivered at the place of residence of the recipient of the service.
or paid through the competent authority of the contracting country.