The allowance must be claimed within 6 months of the date of the determination of the disability or the date of death of THE member OF THE CHAISE.
When applying for the benefit at a later date, it shall only be granted for the previous 6 months before the date of application for the benefit.
In order to claim the benefit, a specific form of application addressed to the SAA must be completed.
May submit a submission:
• on the www.latvija.lv portal;
• on-site (if requested for service, a personal identification document (passport or ID card) must be produced);
• electronically (the application must be signed with a secure electronic signature containing the time stamp);
• by post.
The application may be submitted to any VSAA customer service centre.
The submission shall indicate the preferred method of receiving the decision.
If the family members of the member of the deceased Chernobyl AES in the event of a loss of benefit are requested, the following shall be presented:
• an opinion issued by the Centre for Occupational and Radiation Medicine, a clinical university hospital, that the death of the member is caused by a disease which has been caused by a causal link with the elimination of the consequences of the accident of Chernobyl AES,
• for a grandchild, spouse or parent, a judgment of the court on determining the existence of a dependant.
Receipt of services
A decision regarding the granting of a benefit may be received in person, by post, in the official electronic address or in the portal www.latvija.lv, in accordance with the type of receipt of the decision indicated in the application.
The remuneration shall be transferred to the account of the credit institution or postal settlement system specified by the beneficiary or delivered to his or her place of residence.